Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    toolbox-d12

I have found a locksmith to make keys by imaging, CAVE CREEK LOCK, Cave Creek, AZ. He does not need a key number, but you do have to remove and mail him your lock. I Priority Mailed, by small box, cost $7.45 with free box, one of my 100 year old eagle locks off of the front cover panel from a Pilliod Lbr. Co. chest. His fee was $35 for two keys, which I prepaid by Paypal, and he paid return postage.The service and the keys worked well. Your turnaround time is around 7 to 10 days.
    I ask him if he would like me to post this info on the Gerstner forum and this was hisresponse –
    “I’d like for you to do that, Ted. My shop has been slow lately and even when I’m busy I can make the time to make these keys. I already have a bunch of key blanks for these locks so I might as well use them. Thanks, Bill.”

We do have to keep in mind that our old locks may not actually work and therefore no key can be cut. I’m not yet sure what his position is in this case.

If you’d like to give him a try here’s the website – cavecreeklock.com/ and his email – cclock_bill@hotmail.com
    Post your experiences so we can all tell how this is working.Thanks and good luck………Ted

freddypaynema
    Participant

At what cost the locksmith has made keys for the old locks?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.