Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cunningham.zach
    Participant

I have pictures but i am not sure how to post them. i got a gerstner and sons box and riser at a yard sale, from my research i can tell it is post 60’s. i believe it is a style 43 but not positive as there is no top handle. the gerstner stamp in the bottom of both box and riser are round, and about a 1.5in diameter. the other odd thing is the two clasps on the top lid are U.S.A excelsior and they seem factory, but the main lock is gerstner. any help is greatly appreciated and i can post pictures if i figure out how.

Terry Rushbrook
    Participant

I have no idea of how to post pictures in this new forum format either, but we need to see them to help you identify the boxes.

You would be well served to visit other sites, too.

https://sites.google.com/site/theguideforwoodmachinistchests/

Scott Campbell
    Keymaster

We are testing a plugin, that will add the ability to upload images to posts.

I have to make sure it doesn’t break the rest of the website before we can make it active.

Scott Campbell
    Keymaster

We have updated the forum, so you can now attach images to your posts, instead of just linking to files already online.

cunningham.zach
    Participant

Some pictures of the riser and box

cunningham.zach
    Participant

Some pics of the box and riser

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cunningham.zach
    Participant

Attachments:
    cunningham.zach
    Participant

Attachments:
    cunningham.zach
    Participant

Attachments:
    Scott Campbell
    Keymaster

THank you for posting the pictures. THe chest you have is a Style 43, and the Base is a Style B62. Yes, the Excelsior catches were installed at Gerstner. We started using the Excelsior catches, after Eagle went out of business.

Terry Rushbrook
    Participant

It is hard to tell the species of wood due to the very poor cleaning, staining, or refinishing job. It looks all blotchy and uneven. Do you have measurements of the dimensions of each? That would be helpful, along with straight on pictures of the drwer configuration and details of the drawer labels.

You might want to check it against the specs found here:

https://sites.google.com/site/theguideforwoodmachinistchests/pg-10—gerstner-info

or in the toolbox identifier on this website.

Terry

cunningham.zach
    Participant

It was refinished before I got it, since the photos I have #0000 steel wooled it and it looks more uniform, I will get a couple more pictures. Scott, when did eagle go out of business? Thank you for the clarification on the models!i will also get pictures of the interior Round Gerstner Stamp they used

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.