Got a Gerstner with a missing front lid? We’ll custom build you one with the right wood choice and size to fit your chest. You just need to measure it up and fill out the form and we’ll get to work. Front lids can take 1-3 weeks to complete based on our current production at the time of your order.
Measuring Your Front Lid.
- The image to the left shows which measurements are the “Width” and “Height.” Please specify all dimensions in fractional inches (ie. 3/4”, 2-1/16”, 31/32”…).
- Please indicate accurate measurements as we will make the drawer to the dimensions you supply. You may have some final fitting of the lid to your chest depending upon how accurate your measurements are.
- Don’t have the lid to measure? Simply measure the empty space that the replacement lid will occupy and note that you’ve done so in the comment section.
You are also able to choose a raised or flat center panel for your front lid (see images on the form as examples).
Please consider how you want your drawer finished.
All wood finishes change color as they age. You may not notice the change in your existing chest yet, but you’d see a difference if we put a newly finished piece of wood next to it. That’s why, when it comes to finishing your replacement lid, you’ve got options:
- The first option is to get the lid unfinished, so you can apply the stain to your exact color preference. It’ll come with your choice of felt color, one finger pull in your choice of Nickel or Brass (Part #1012 or Part #1013), 2 Brass Eyelets and the front lid pins. The felt will be cut to fit but not glued down, so you can apply the finish without damaging it. Same thing with the hardware—the finger pull will be pre-drilled but not installed. The pins will also be pre-drilled on the sides of the lid, but not installed in case you need to adjust and fit the lid to your chest.
- The second option is to have us finish the lid. We’ll stain it to our standard, the original color ordered, and install the felt. The finger pull will be installed. The pins will be pre-drilled but not installed, in case you need to adjust and fit the lid to your chest. This finishing option is unlikely to match your chest perfectly—just be sure you take that into consideration before you order.
- The third option is for us to finish and color-match the lid. To do this, we will require you to send a part of your Gerstner (i.e. a drawer or the original damaged front lid) to us.
Fill out the form and we will contact you for more information. If you have any questions about ordering a replacement front lid, please call us at 937-228-11662 and we will be happy to assist you.