Guarantees & Warranties:
All products go through a rigorous inspection process before they are packed to ship. As a result, products have a 30-day full satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not satisfied, let us know – we will work with you to make it right. If you choose to return your item please see the Returns and Exchanges section below for instructions on returning items.
Our 1-year warranty on Gerstner (USA built only) parts and workmanship has not changed since 1906. We stand behind the products we build, so if your product needs warranty work during this time we are happy to provide warranty work under the following conditions:
- Call Gerstner to receive a return authorization number, you will need to provide this return number on the address label. Items returned without prior authorization will not be processed. At this time we will also tell you the return shipping and processing fee to be enclosed with your chest. Items arriving without correct payment will not be processed until payment is received. (We are happy to provide warranty work at no charge, but we do not pay shipping charges.)
- Return the product prepaid shipping and please insure for the current list price (We will tell you the insurance amount when you call for your return authorization number). If your item is broken during return shipment, you will need to file a claim with the carrier to recover the cost of your item. We cannot provide warranty work or replacements for items broken during shipment to the factory.
- Enclose a detailed description of the part or parts you believe to be defective as well as a daytime phone number, so we may contact you with any questions. Items arriving with no paperwork indicating the warranty issue will not be processed until such paperwork is received.
- We will (at our discretion) either repair the chest you send in, or replace it with a new one.
If you have concerns about a chest that is out of its warranty period, please call us, and we will try to help.
Gerstner International products (all products that start with the “GI” prefix) have a 90-day warranty. We are happy to provide warranty work for Gerstner International products under the same conditions listed above. Note – we do not pay shipping for warranty work items.
Returns and Exchanges:
We are happy to accept returns (shipping charges are not refundable) or exchanges within 30 days of your purchase date. We do not accept returns after 30 days.
There is a 10% Restocking Fee on returned Restoration Hardware.
Please note – custom items are not returnable. Brass hardware upgrades to chests and bases, Stop-Trac installation and Porta-Drawer Handles are considered custom.
Should you decide to return your item, it must be received in the same condition in which it was received, as well as be in its original carton with all interior padding in place.
To speed up the return process we ask that you do the following.
- Fill out and submit the Returns and Exchanges Form.
(You will receive an email copy upon submission)
- Carefully Pack the item(s) you wish to return in the original packaging.
- Place inside the box the original packing slip or order receipt and a copy of the Returns and Exchanges Form.
- Ship or mail the return via USPS or UPS (we recommend insuring your item for the full purchase price ) to:
H. Gerstner & Sons
20 Gerstner Way
Dayton, OH 45402
We will refund your purchase in the same manner with which you originally paid. Items returned damaged will not be refunded. Items returned without paperwork will be held until reason for return can be established – this will delay any refund due. Gerstner does not accept COD returns.
If you received your item as a gift and wish to exchange the item for a different model, we are happy to work with you to do so. We do not provide refunds on gift items – refunds are provided to the purchaser only.
Return Check Fee:
Any check returned as unpaid will be charged a $40.00 Fee.