NEW! Walnut Cutting Boards.
These new cutting boards break away from the traditional Gerstner chests and cases. Crafted with sustainably harvested American Black Walnut, these handmade cutting boards come in 2 sizes, feature finger grooves for easy lifting, and an optional juice groove that keeps juices from meat, fruits and veggies from spilling onto countertops or tables.
- Due to the natural variations in walnut wood, the cutting boards will vary from what is shown in these images. Some boards will be more consistent in color, while others will have high contrast between lighter and darker wood.
- Edge Grain cutting boards are designed for heavier cutting and chopping, while minimizing knife marks in the wood.
- Face Grain cutting boards are designed for lighter cutting on breads & cheeses. Both grain styles will keep your knife sharper than using plastic, bamboo, or glass cutting boards.
- The small size boards are perfect bread & cheese, and included enough food-grade mineral oil to prepare your board.
- The large 18″ x 12″, edge grain cutting boards is a sturdy 1.6″ thick for serious work, feature a juice groove, and include enough food-grade mineral oil and beeswax to prepare your board.
- Edge-grain construction withstands years of use.
- Crafted with only sustainably harvested premium-grade hardwood.
- Crafted with the careful attention that all Gerstner products are known for, with smooth beveled edges and corners.
- High-quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Easy to maintain. Additional wax and mineral oil can be found in our accessories section.
- Doubles as a beautiful and unique serving platter.
- Handmade in Dayton, Ohio, USA